Monday, July 9, 2018

My Flowered Heart

Have I truly
begun to fade
The beating
of my heart
another tick
of static
that bleeds
into the
background
Hush
Don't make
a sound
or I'll ruin
everything
I've screamed
so loud
that it once
cracked
my soul
And it hurt
It stung
in places
I thought
had been buried
so deep
so deep
I can feel
the stings again
Is that alarming
The bell's been
ringing
so loudly
that I can't 
shut my eyes
My flowered
heart
has been
thirsty
and searching
for the smallest 
quench
from you
from you



-March 2017 

4 comments:

  1. Oh! such yearning, may it gets quenched......

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful. We've been missing you @ Poets United.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So good to see you, Sumana. Thank you for your visit. I've needed a bit of space. I will be making my way back to Poets United :)

      Delete